CIBC is offering a 50,000 sign up bonus Aeroplan miles promotion with its Aerogold Visa Infinite Privilege Card. Let’s take a look at the highlights of the credit card:
- $399 annual fee
- $99 annual fee a supplementary cardholder
- Earn 50,000 sign up bonus Aeroplan miles, earn 25,000 after your first purchase and another 25,000 after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months (if you apply between April 1, 2016 and June 30, 2016)
- Earn 3.75 Aeroplan miles for every $1 spent at CIBC Bonus Rewards establishment
- Earn 1.5 Aeroplan mile for every $1 spent on gas, groceries, drug stores and Air Canada purchases (excluding Air Canada Vacations packages)
- Earn 1.25 Aeroplan mile for every $1 on all other purchases
- Receive 6 Global Airport Lounge access lounge visits per calendar year for the enrolled cardholder and guests
- Receive 4 Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes each year to access Air Canada’s Maple Leaf Lounges when traveling on an Aeroplan Flight Reward on flights operated by Air Canada
Below is a list of some of the other benefits and features that comes with the credit card:
- Priority check-in – Dedicated Air Canada counters
- Priority boarding – Dedicated priority boarding lane on Air Canda flights
- Complimentary first checked bag – on Air Canada flights
- VIP security fast lane access – Bypass security wait lines
- Companion ticket savings – Once every calendar year, receive a 50% discount on the purchase of a second Air Canada Business Class ticket when you purchase an eligible Business Class ticket
- Taxi and Limo benefits – Airport parking and valet discounts, Airport limo savings, and Hailo (app-based taxi service) complimentary credits
- Luxury Hotel benefits – VIP Guest status, free in-room Internet and complimentary continental breakfast, at more than 900 hotels worldwide
- Concierge service – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you arrange dinner reservations, taxis, gift purchases, theatre tickets
The $399 annual fee may seem a little steep, but there are a fair amount of benefits to take advantage of. I really like the 3.75 points per $1 spent at CIBC Bonus Rewards establishments if you can take advantage of those purchases.
This is the first time we have ever seen such a high credit card sign up bonus promotion since the credit card was introduced. Seems like CIBC needs to compete with some of the TD Aeroplan promotions going on. Anyway, the 50,000 really helps boost the incentive to at least give this credit card a try for the first year, as 50,000 sign up bonus is worth more than $399.
With 50,000 Aeroplan miles, you and a companion can fly anywhere in continental North America (25,000 for one round-trip).