The sign up bonus on the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card has always been 30,000 sign up bonus points on the Chase Canada website. However, the FlyerTalk forum has always has threads about getting the 50,000 sign up bonus points by adding a certain code. But now there is a public offer for 50,000 sign up bonus points and it seems to be permanent.
The highlights of this credit card are as follows:
- $120 annual fee (waived the first year)
- No charge for additional cardholders
- Earn 50,000 points after your first purchase
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Marriott hotels
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets, car rental agencies and restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-4 location after account approval
- Earn 15 nights credit every year
- Receive 1 anniversary bonus free night stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year
- No foreign transaction fees
This credit card offers a lot of valuable perks that makes the annual fee easily justifiable. Anyone who is a fan of Marriott hotels should definitely have this credit card in their wallet.
The 15 nights credit and 1 anniversary bonus free night stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year easily justifies the $120 annual fee that you will need to pay upon renewal after the first year fee waived. This is actually one of the rare credit cards in Canada where the annual fee can easily be justified by its perks.
No foreign transaction fees makes this credit card a great travel credit card. My issue with the Marriott Rewards program is its recent change in policy about Envelope Please program to tip housekeepers at its hotels.