American Express is offering a higher than normal sign up bonus for two of its Aeroplan co-branded credit cards. Both come with a hefty sign up fee, but this softens the blow. Let’s take a look at the highlights of the credit cards.
- $899 annual fee
- $299 for supplementary cardholders (maximum of 9)
- Earn 60,000 sign up bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months (if you sign up before October 31, 2015)
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on Air Canada purchases
- Earn 1.25 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Receive a $200 Annual Travel Credit
- Receive a Partner Ticket benefit for a short-haul or long-haul flight reward when you redeem up to 25,000 Aeroplan Miles
- Unlimited access to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges and Priority Pass Lounges
- Receive up to 5 complimentary first checked bag annually on flights operated by Air Canada
The regular sign up bonus is 50,000, now it goes up to 60,000.
- $499 annual fee
- Earn 51,000 sign up bonus Aeroplan points when referred (50,000 without referral) when you spend $1,000 in the first three months (if you sign up before October 31, 2015)
- Earn 15,000 Aeroplan points for each approved referral
- Earn 1.25 Aeroplan point for every $1 spent on all purchases on the first $25,000 purchases annually
- Earn 1.5 Aeroplan point for every additional $1 on purchases over $25,000 annually
- Receive a 2-for-1 short-haul flight reward when you redeem 15,000 Aeroplan points
- Receive access to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges and Arrival Lounges
- Priority check-in where Executive First and Executive Class is available
The regular sign up bonus is 40,000, now it goes up to 50,000 without the referral, or 51,000 up from 41,000 with the referral.