The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group consists of several brands including: Country Inns & Suites, Hotel Missoni, Park Inns, Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Quorvus Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson Hotels, and Radisson Red.
If you stay at any of these hotels, you should sign up for the free loyalty program, Club Carlson and earn Gold points.
Below are the different statuses of the Club Carlson rewards program:
- Basic membership
- Earn 20 points for every $1 USD spent on eligible hotel nights, meals and beverages charged to your room
- Achieved after 15 nights or 10 stays
- Earn 15% bonus points (23 points per $1 USD spent)
- Achieved after 35 nights or 20 stays
- Earn 35% bonus points (27 points per $1 USD spent)
- Achieved after 75 nights or 30 stays
- Earn 75% bonus points (35 points per $1 USD spent)
Reward nights are classified in different categories. Below is a breakdown of the number of points required for an award night for each category:
- Category 1 – 9,000
- Category 2 – 15,000
- Category 3 – 28,000
- Category 4 – 38,000
- Category 5 – 44,000
- Category 6 – 50,000
- Category 7 – 70,000
- Category 1 – 13,500
- Category 2 – 22,500
- Category 3 – 42,000
- Category 4 – 57,000
- Category 5 – 66,000
- Category 6 – 75,000
- Category 7 – 105,000
Unfortunately, there are no co-branded credit cards in Canada associated with Club Carlson, so you will have to earn points the old fashion way by staying at their hotels.
The way I see Club Carlson is that you can earn points in a hurry if you stay at the hotels often, especially when you have a higher elite status. However, you can burn through the points very quickly as well, consider that the number of points for a hotel room is quite high.