I currently only have 7 credit cards in my portfolio. Just gearing up for another round of applications. That being said, I have been frequently asked which credit cards I use the most. So today, I will share with you the 2 credit cards that I cannot leave the house without.
- $150 annual fee (waived the first year)
- $50 annual fee for a supplementary cardholder (first supplementary card is free)
- Earn 25,000 sign up Membership Rewards bonus points (after spending $500 in the first 3 months
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on drug store, gas, grocery and travel purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- $150 annual fee
- Earn 40,000 sign up bonus points after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on all purchases
Basically, all my drug store, gas, grocery and travel purchases have been going onto the American Express Gold Rewards Card so that I can earn 2 points per dollar. So this is my current primary go to credit card. Most other spending goes onto the Capital Aspire Travel World Elite MasterCard.
The annual fee is due in the coming months for my American Express Gold Rewards Card, so I will have to make a decision on whether I want to retain this charged card.
My Capital Aspire Travel World Elite MasterCard has been grandfathered from the previous version, so I plan on retaining this credit card pretty much forever, so long as I continue to be grandfathered.
I do put other spending on my other credit cards, but they are very strategic spending. For example, I have been putting my Rogers bill and foreign purchases on my Rogers Platinum MasterCard. The RBC Visa Infinite Avion I use it once every 90 days to help waive my chequing fees and it is also my Visa card just in case MasterCard or American Express is not taken.
Which are your go-to credit cards?