It is now TD’s turn to devalue its points program. Effective August 16, 2015, you will need more points to redeem for the same reward. Here is a breakdown on the new redemption schedule:
- The first 300,000 points gets you $1,200 of travel purchases
- Every 250 Points equals $1 in travel credits
- For each $1 over the first $1,200 of that travel purchase, you will need 200 points for $1 in travel credits
Currently 200 points gets you $1 in travel credits, which comes out to $50 for 10,000 points. But from August 16, 2015 onward, 10,000 points will only give you $40 in value on the first $1,200. Starting from $1,201 you will receive $50 for every 10,000 points.
The devaluation essentially hits the first $1,200 in travel credits that you redeem.
TD Has 3 credit cards that you can earn points with:
- TD First Class Travel Infinite Visa Card
- TD Platinum Travel Visa Card
- TD Classic Travel Visa Card
Below is a great earning chart for each credit card: