When you have a Plum Rewards membership, you can You earn 10 plum points for every $1 spent at the following stores: Indigo, Chapters, Coles, Indigospirit, SmithBooks and The Book Company locations.
However, certain products are exempted from earning points, such as: Starbucks/Indigo Café Food & Beverages, irewards memberships, eBooks, eReaders, electronics, Apple accessories, gift cards, delivery/shipping charges (where applicable), gifts with purchase, charitable donations (including but not limited to Indigo Love of Reading Foundation), the plum points redemption portion of a transaction, taxes, plastic bag fees, provincial fees (including but not limited to environmental handling fees) and other applicable fees.
In addition to the ability the earn points, the other perks that you will receive are:
- Get up to 5% off books for online purchases at chapters.indigo.ca
- Receive bonus points opportunities in store and online
- Receive Free Indigo Wi-Fi in-store
- Access to exclusive partner offers for discounted tickets to Broadway shows, Cultural Experiences, Festivals
- Eligible to enter private contests for advance movie screening passes, trips to film premiers, and world-wide vacations
Keep in mind that you do need to keep your account active once every 12 months to prevent your points from expiring.
The points redemption schedule is as follows:
|(35,000 points is the maximum members can redeem in a single transaction)|
Basically, if you redeem the higher tier points, you will get more cents per dollar. The breakdown is as follows:
- 0.2 cents per point when you redeem 2,500 points
- 0.22 cents per point when you redeem 4,500 points
- 0.24 cents per point when you redeem 8,500 points
- 0.25 cents per point when you redeem 20,000 points
- 0.28 cents per point when you redeem 35,000 points