If you apply for the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card before October 31, 2014, you will receive a higher than normal sign up bonus (30,000 instead of 20,000 bonus points). Below are the highlights of the credit card:
- $149 annual fee
- Earn 20,000 sign up bonus points after your first purchase
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within 90 days (if you apply before
October 31, 2014)
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent with Aeroplan partner brands and on Aeroplan’s eStore
- Earn 1.5 points for every every $1 spent on travel and gas purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Receive a complimentary first checked bag
- Receive Priority Check-in and Priority Boarding
- Receive 1 annual Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge Guest Pass
If you have a business, I would strongly consider this credit card in your portfolio. The sign up bonus definitely covers the $149 fee. You will have one year to give the credit card a try before deciding whether it would be worth it to retain the credit card beyond the first year.
What I find attractive about retaining the credit card beyond the first year is that you earn 2 points for every $1 spent at Aeroplan partner brands. If you can take advantage of this benefit, then you can get a lot of value with this credit card. I am also a fan of the three additional perks: complimentary first checked bag, priority check-in and priority boarding, as well as 1 annual Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge Guest Pass.
That being said, the perks are still quite restrictive. The complimentary first checked bag has a limit of up to 23kg (50lbs) on an Aeroplan reward flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge. The priority check-In,in and priority boarding, as well as the complimentary first checked bag only applies to the primary cardholder. The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Pass is only valid for same-day boarding pass for travel on an Aeroplan reward flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge.
I would say, give this credit card a try the first year, see how you feel before deciding whether to pay the annual fee a second year.