There are not too many debit cards in Canada that allows you to earn points when you use it. Scotiabank has an excellent debit card that allows you to earn Scene points.
The highlights of the debit card are as follows:
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on Cineplex Entertainment theatre purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $5 spent on all purchases
There is a current promotion that ends on
September 30, 2014 that gives you the opportunity to earn five free movies or the equivalent of 5,000 Scene points. To earn the full balance, you need to jump through a few hoops:
- Make a $5 debit card Point of Sale transaction within 60 days of opening a new Scene bank account
- Set up a pre-authorized payroll deposit or 2 pre-authorized credits (PAC) or debits (PAD)
- Provide a valid email address to SCENE to receive product information from Scotiabank
The first 1,000 points will be awarded following the completion of the first debit card Point of Sale transaction of over $5.
An additional 3,000 points will be added for setting up automatic payroll deposit or 2 pre-authorized credits, 2 pre-authorized debits or 1 PAC and PAD. The points will be awarded only if the PAC/PAD is set-up within 60 days of account opening. Furthermore, keep in mind that all pre-authorized transactions must occur within the same month.
Lastly, the final 1,000 points will be rewarded for completing a debit Point of Sale transaction (as mentioned above), as well as providing and validating an email:
- when opening the new Scene eligible bank account (new Scene members) and validating it by clicking an email validation link within a Scene Welcome Email from Scotiabank; or
- linking the existing Scene membership to the SCENE eligible bank account by: (1) providing the Scene membership number at the time of Scene ScotiaCard issuance; and (2) following the prompts in the email notification in order to validate or update the Customer’s existing email address in the Scene.
You can also earn another 4,000 sign up bonus points with the Scotiabank Scene Visa Card.