The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card is waiving its first year annual fee through a special TD link. Note that it doesn’t seem like the offer is updated on the regular TD website.
The highlights of the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card are as follows:
- $120 annual fee (first year fee waived)
- $50 for supplementary cardholders
- Earn 25,000 sign up bonus points (15,000 after your first purchase and another 10,000 after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days when you apply before May 8, 2015)
- Earn 1.5 point for every $1 spent on gas, grocery, drug store and AirCanada.com (excluding Air Canada vacation packages) purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 1 free checked bag when travelling on an Aeroplan reward flight
- Earn 1 annual Maple Leaf Lounge guest pass when travelling on an Aeroplan flight reward operated by Air Canada
The first year annual fee is only rebated on your 2nd monthly statement. So you do have to pay the fee up front, which I am definitely not a fan of. Because TD does not publish this offer on its regular site, it makes me so hesitant and sceptical of this offer. That being said, if the offer was true and real, then I would be jumping all over this.
Unfortunately, there is no way to know whether this offer and real and true until you receive your 2nd monthly statement to see if you received a credit back for the annual fee. What we can do is give TD a call to get some assurances, but even then there are no guarantees.
Please share any experiences you may encounter below!