I have already written quite extensively about the following 2 credit cards because they frequently offer a promotion. Once again, they have extended their promotional offer. The Scotiabank Momentum Infinite Visa is offering a $100 statement credit and the Scotiabank Scene Visa Card is extending its 4,000 points sign up bonus.
- $99 annual fee
- $30 fee for each supplementary cardholder
- Earn a $100 statement credit after spending $500 within the first 3 months (if you apply before February 29, 2016 )
- Earn 4% cash back on gas and grocery purchases (on your first $25,000 of annual spending on these categories)
- Earn 2% cash back on drug store purchases and recurring bill payments (on your first $25,000 of annual spending on these categories)
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases, as well as purchases made above the $25,000 threshold on the categories listed above
The $100 statement credit will appear on your statement within 2 statement cycles after the third billing cycle has passed.
In the past, they usually waive the annual fee instead. So this is actually $1 better than the past promotion.
- Earn 4,000 sign up bonus points (if you apply before January 30, 2016)
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Cineplex Entertainment theatres (including movie ticket, popcorn, drinks, etc.)
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
A purchase must be made within 60 days of opening your account to qualify for the first 2,000 bonus points . The additional 2,000 points will be awarded within 2 statement cycles of the first bonus.
Also note that the Scene rewards program is changing, effective tomorrow, November 4, 2015. Before, you only needed 1,000 points for any movie reward. Now you need the following number of points for the same redemption:
- General admission = 1,000 points
- 3D, Imax, UltraAVX, D-Box = 1,500 points
- VIP tickets = 2,000 points