Every Tuesday, VIA Rail offers its weekly discounts. The extend of the discounts vary from week to week. This week, we see one of the better deals. If your travel is extremely flexible, it is usually worthwhile to wait for these deals to come out before booking a trip.
Below are some of the better deals (Economy travel only) to watch out for. I have sorted them from from cheapest to most expensive.
- Niagara Falls to Toronto – $17
- Montréal to Ottawa – $29
- Montréal to Québec City – $29
- Kingston to Montréal – $35
- Kingston to Toronto – $35
- Toronto to London – $35
- Toronto to Montréal – $39
- Ottawa to Toronto – $39
- Ottawa to Québec City – $39
- Halifax to Moncton – $46
- Halifax to Montréal – $108
- Winnipeg to Edmonton – $126
- Winnipeg to Vancouver – $233
- Edmonton to Toronto – $274
Keep in mind that there are very limited spaces for these cheaper prices (Economy Escape Fare), so if you have a trip in mind, I would book it the moment I see the deal.
Even though it does say Tuesday discounts, they are generally from trips 1 or 2 weeks away. This time around, the travel period is:
- Between Saturday, June 3 and Friday, June 9, 2017 for the Québec City-Windsor corridor.
- Between Saturday, June 3 and Friday, July 7, 2017 for the rest.
Tickets are exchangeable for a 50% service charge (minimum ) as per fare category conditions, but non-refundable.