WestJet decided to have a little April Fools fun with pretending to re-brand to Canada Air.
Below is their video:
Would not have been the worse thing to re-brand itself to a more encompassing of the entire country. WestJet does seem to refer only to a certain part of the country.
Either way, I really do not think that this is 100% a pure joke. I am sure that they are using this opportunity to collect some market research with all the comments that are going to stem from the video. I suspect that changes appear to be in the works, so stay tuned!
In the meantime, WestJet is having a nice promotion.
WestJet is offering some decent discounts across the board if you book by April 6, 2017 and travel between:
- April 18, 2017 and June 28, 2017
- August 21, 2017 and October 31, 2017
Just select your departing airport and your destination to see if the sales suits your travel needs.
There are a handful of blackout dates to watch for, which cover mostly around the holiday periods:
- May 18-19, 22-23, 2017
- August 31, 2017
- September 1, 4-5, 2017
- October 5-6, 9-10, 2017
If you fly WestJet frequently, I would definitely have this credit card in my wallet, which has the following highlights:
- $99 annual fee
- $49 annual fee for a supplementary cardholder
- Earn $250 WestJet Dollars on your first purchase
- Earn 2% in WestJet Dollars on WestJet flights or WestJet Vacation packages
- Earn 1.5% in WestJet Dollars on all other purchases
- Receive 1 annual round-trip companion voucher with choice of: $99 for Canada and the Continental United States, $299 for Hawaii, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean or $399 for Europe (not including taxes, fees and charges)
You will want to put major emphasis on the companion voucher, as that is where most of the value comes from, which can justify the annual fee, which isn’t waived.