The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card is offering a few promotions at the same time. The first offer is a higher than normal Aeroplan miles sign up bonus, from 15,000 to 25,000. Secondly, there is a $250 credit for stays at a hotel in the Luxury Hotel Collection. Thirdly, you can obtain a free Companion ClassicFlight Reward short haul reward flight. But before we get into the details of the perks, below are the highlights of the credit card:
- $120 annual fee
- $50 for supplementary cardholders
- Earn 25,000 sign up bonus points (15,000 after your first purchase and another 10,000 after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days)
- Earn $250 credit to use on the Luxury Hotel Collection
- Free Companion ClassicFlight Reward short haul reward flight
- Earn 1.5 point for every $1 spent on gas, grocery, drug store and AirCanada.com (excluding Air Canada vacation packages) purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 1 free checked bag when travelling on an Aeroplan reward flight
- Earn 1 annual Maple Leaf Lounge guest pass when travelling on an Aeroplan flight reward operated by Air Canada
A common question is when can we churn this credit card to get the sign up bonus again. The current rule is that you cannot have had opened an account with the last 6 months. So be sure to cancel and wait a full 6 months before applying again.
Normally the sign up bonus is only 15,000 miles after your first purchases, but with this promotion, you can earn 10,000 additional miles when you apply between June 19, 2015 and August 31, 2015. To qualify for this bonus 10,000 miles, you need to keep your account active for 90 days in good standing.
The free companion ClassicFlight Reward is for a round-trip short haul reward flight, which is up to 15,000 Aeroplan Miles. The short haul reward flight is for economy class anywhere in Canada or the continental U.S. The travelling companion must fly on the same itinerary as the primary cardholder. The companion reward offer must be redeemed before June 30, 2016. This is definitely an excellent perk and well worth the $120 annual fee.
Another perk is the $250 credit for stays within the Luxury Hotel Collection. This is actually an amazing perk. Your reservation must be made through the Visa Infinite Concierge service by November 30, 2015 and the stays must be completed by July 31, 2016. The $250 credit is redeemable only once against accommodation costs (including taxes) and cannot be redeemed for standalone services or cash.
If you haven’t had this credit card within the last 6 months, I would definitely get on board. If you can take advantage of the full perks, you can definitely get more than $120 in value to justify the annual fee.