The CIBC Aventura Visa for Business is offering two promotions at the same time. They are offering at higher sign up bonus (25,000 instead of the 15,000) and a first year fee waived promotion. This credit card allows your to earn Aventura points.
For anyone who has a small business, this is a great option to choose from.
- $120 annual fee (first year fee waived if you apply before December 31, 2015)
- $50 for supplementary cardholders (up to 9 maximum)
- Earn 25,000 sign up bonus points (if you apply before December 31, 2015)
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on the CIBC Aventura Rewards Centre
- Earn 1.5 point for every $1 you spend on gas and travel purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all purchases
The first year fee waived makes this credit card makes this an easier decision to try it out for a year.
The sign up bonus is distributed as follows. The first 20,000 points is after your first purchase. The additional 5,000 points you will receive after 6 month. The 25,000 can potentially get you a long haul flight, which is actually very decent value. Long haul includes departing from any location in Canada or U.S. to any location in Canada or U.S (except Hawaii and Alaska).
The earning ratios are decent enough, but nothing special. Travel purchases include airlines, hotels, car rentals and travel agencies.
If I were to get this card, I doubt that I would keep it beyond the first year because I am fortunate enough to be grandfathered with the Capital One Aspire Travel World Elite MasterCard, so I would only end up getting the CIBC card for the sign up bonus. For this reason, personally, I will be holding back on applying for this credit card.