The Air Miles sign-up and referral on the American Express Air Miles Platinum Card increased to 2,000 bonus points. This is up from 1,000 sign up bonus or 1,600 referral sign up bonus points. I will be the first to admit that I have be very tough on Air Miles lately, so I am going to give this move a thumbs up! The reason I give this move a thumbs up is because there is no timeline on how long the promotion will last, though it is “subject to change without notice”. Regardless, I am definitely a huge fan of this move. The highlights of the credit card are as follows:
- $65 annual fee (first year fee waived)
- Earn 2,000 sign up bonus points when you spend $500 in the first three months
- Earn 500 Air Miles points for every approved referral
- Earn 1 point for every $10 spent at Air Miles sponsors, groceries, gas and drug stores in Canada
- Earn 1 point for every $15 on all other purchases
If you have been contemplating whether to sign up for this credit card, now is as good a time as any to sign up for it!
Just keep in mind the expiry policy that all the points that you earned on or before December 30, 2011 will expire on December 31, 2016. Thereafter, all points that you earned 5 years ago will expire, regardless of activity.