The Air Miles sign-up bonus on the American Express Air Miles Reserve Card increased to 2,400 points, up from 1,700. What I like about this move is that there is no timeline on how long the promotion will last, though it is “subject to change without notice”. The highlights of the credit card are as follows:
- $299 annual fee
- $50 for supplementary cardholders
- Earn 2,400 sign up bonus points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 1 points for every $10 spent at Air Miles Sponsors, grocery stores, gas stations, and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 1 point for every $15 spent on all other purchases
- Receive 4 complimentary visits per year to Priority Pass Worldwide Lounges
- Receive a Companion Flight Benefit
- Access to FlexFly Redemptions
- Exclusive Air Miles Concierge Service
- Waived Air Miles flight administration fee
- Option to redeem points for business class seats
- Access to the Toronto Pearson Priority Security Lane, Toronto Pearson Priority Limo and Taxi Lanes
Though it is nice to see the permanent sign up bonus increase to 2,400 points, we have seen 2,500 sign up bonuses. So hopefully when this credit card goes on promotion, we can see 3,000 or higher.
This credit card comes with a fairly steep annual fee, so be sure that you can take advantage of as many perks and benefits as possible to help justify the annual fee. There are definitely a lot of benefits to be had for frequent flyers. My main issue remains the expiry policy with Air Miles.