When you fly with WestJet Airlines, you can sign up for the free loyalty program, WestJet Rewards and earn WestJet dollars. The issue with these dollars is that you need to keep your account active once every 12 months to prevent your dollars from expiring.
Keep in mind that a minimum of $25 WestJet dollars must be redeemed for a reward. Below are several different ways to earn WestJet dollars to help keep your account active if you are unable to redeem for a reward anytime within the next 12 months.
Fly with WestJet
- Spend between $1 to $1499 a year
- Earn 1% in WestJet dollars on flights
- Earn 0.5% in WestJet dollars on Vacation packages
Spend over $1500 a year
- Earn a $35 WestJet dollars bonus
- Earn 2.5% back in WestJet dollars on flights
- Earn 1% in WestJet dollars on Vacation packages
Fly with American Airlines
- Earn WestJet dollars when you fly on American Airlines flights (including American Eagle and AmericanConnection flights) based on distance flown, plus class of service bonus.
- WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard – Earn $250 WestJet dollars when you sign up.
- WestJet RBC MasterCard – Earn $50 WestJet dollars when you sign up.
- If you use one of the credit cards every month, it will be the simplest way to keep your WestJet Rewards account active continuously.
Convert RBC Rewards
- Convert a minimum of 1,000 RBC Rewards points into WestJet dollars. For every 100 RBC Rewards points which is converted, you will receive 1 WestJet dollar.
- Earn 1% back in WestJet dollars when you reserve your car at cars.westjet.com. WestJet dollars are awarded on the cost of your rental car before taxes, fees and surcharges.
- Earn 1% back in WestJet dollars when you book your hotel stay at westjet.com/hotels. WestJet dollars are awarded on the cost of your hotel room before taxes, fees and surcharges.