This is the continuation of my series on Air Canada Elite status. I previously wrote about the Prestige 25K, Elite 35K and Elite 50K statuses. Today, I will focus on the next level, which is the Elite 75K status.
To qualify for the Elite 75K status, you need to earn 75,000 Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or flyer 75 Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) on Air Canada or Star Alliance flights during a calendar year. Furthermore, you will need to earn at least 10,000 AQM or 5 AQS on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge.
All the of the perks associated with Elite 75K are encompassed in the Prestige 25K, Elite 35K and Elite 50K, so I will not repeat those perks. For this post, I will focus on the additional perks that you will receive as an Elite 75K member.
Guaranteed Reservations in Economy Class – When a flight is booked to capacity, members can reserve a seat in Economy Class on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge, with the purchase of a full-fare ticket (booking class Y) at least 6 hours prior to departure. This also applies to one travel companion who must be on the same reservation.
eUpgrade Eligibility on Air Canada Vacations reservations to Sun destinations – You will be able to use your eUpgrades on Air Canada Vacations reservations. This is permitted on a standby basis, and may only be requested at check-in for eligible flights operated by Air Canada departing from or destined to a Sun destination within the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America. Certain flights departing Cuba are excluded.
Below are additional benefits that you must choose from.
Choose 2 of 3:
1) Altitude Bonus with Air Canada and select airline partners – Earn 75% bonus Aeroplan points on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada rouge, Copa Airlines, United, Austrian, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS and TAM. Note that these bonus Aeroplan points do not qualify for AQMs with the Altitude program.
2) eUpgrade Credits – 40 credits will be deposited into your eUpgrade account and be used to upgrade to Business Class on eligible Air Canada and Air Canada Express flights.
3) Lower Requalification Level – Enjoy a lower requalification level to reach the following year’s Altitude status. For this benefit, it means that you will only need 70,000 AQM or 70 AQS (instead of 75,000 AQM or 75 AQS) to requalify for Elite 75K the following year.
The 75% bonus is such an easy choice. I prefer the eUpgrade Credits because you are only saving on 5 AQMs or 5 AQS, which isn’t significant enough for me.
Choose 2 of 3:
1) eUpgrade Credits – 15 credits will be deposited into your eUpgrade account and be used to upgrade to Business Class on eligible Air Canada and Air Canada Express flights.
2) Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes – Receive 5 one-time passes for access to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder zones of Canadian airports, Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia). Access applies when you and your guests are traveling on a same-day flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge. These passes are in addition to those that you would have received when you hit Prestige 25K first.
3) aircanada.com Travel Options – Enjoy complimentary Onboard Café or Maple Leaf Lounge access on eligible reservations completed at aircanada.com for up to six passengers. There are several restrictions to keep in mind. This options applies only on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge, and all travel must be booked and completed by June 30 of the following year. Furthermore, Onboard Café only applies on flights within North America over 2 hours. This privilege cannot be used in conjunction with Flight Pass reservations or Aeroplan rewards flights, nor be used together with another promotion code.
The third option has too many restrictions that I would go with options 1) and 2).
Choose 1 of 2:
1) eUpgrade Credits for eligible Flight Pass activities – For every eligible Flight Pass activity, earn 10 eUpgrade Credits that will be deposited into your eUpgrade account. Credits can be used on eligible flights operated by Air Canada and Air Canada Express in order to upgrade to Business Class.
2) Altitude Qualifying Miles for eligible Flight Pass activities – For every eligible Flight Pass activity, earn 1,500 AQMs for the Altitude program and 1,500 Aeroplan points.
I would prefer eUpgrades, but it will depend on your travel habits.