The Hudson’s Bay Rewards program had a major restructuring in 2012. Their products include: Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Home Outfitters and Saks Fifth Avenue. The program is broken down into three tiers.
Tier 1: Hudson’s Bay Rewards
- Everyone starts from every January 1
- Spend between $1 to $399.99 (before taxes) every calendar year
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent at Hudson’s Bay, Home Outfitters, thebay.com (some exclusions apply)
Tier 2: Hudson’s Bay Rewards Plus
- Spend between $400 to $1,199.99 (before taxes) every calendar year
- Make at least two separate purchase visits (in 2 different locations or on 2 different dates)
- Earn 1.5 point for every $1 spent at Hudson’s Bay, Home Outfitters, thebay.com (some exclusions apply)
- Receive: Selected exclusive savings offers and advance notice of special events
Tier 3: Hudson’s Bay Rewards VIP
- Spend $1,2000 or more (before taxes) every calendar year
- Earn 2 point for every $1 spent at Hudson’s Bay, Home Outfitters, thebay.com (some exclusions apply)
- Receive: Exclusive VIP savings offers, advance notice of special events and invitations
The program has a credit card that will help you earn points faster. Below are the highlights of the Hudson’s Bay MasterCard:
- No annual fee
- Double your rewards for every $1 spent at the Hudson’s Bay store, www.thebay.com and Home Outfitters
- Earn 2 points on every $1 you on all other purchases
- Earn a 25% bonus twice a year on points earned on Hudson’s Bay, www.thebay.com, and Home Outfitters
- Access to 20+ exclusive savings events and promotions
The double the points features works in conjunction with whichever tier you are in. If you are in Tier 1, you earn 2 points per $1 spent. For Tier 2, you earn 3 points per $1 spent. Lastly, if you are Tier 3, you earn 4 points per $1 spent.
Unfortunately, you can only apply for the credit card by visiting a Hudson’s Bay or Home Outfitters store. Otherwise, you can call 1-877-257-1286, though this option is not available in in Quebec.
You can instantly redeem your points at any store, where 2,000 points is worth $10. This program is fairly straightforward.
Message to Hudson’s Bay: I think the Tiers are very reasonable, so I will be very disappointed if I see any devaluations to the program. It might be too much to ask for this program to improve because I already see a lot of value it in, I can only hope that they are least maintain the program the way it is. So overall, I give this program a Thumbs Up!