When considering renting a car, it may not always make the most sense to earn car rental loyalty program points when there are promotions for partner programs. Aeroplan has partnered up with Avis and Hertz to offer some bonus miles on certain car rentals.
Personally, I do not usually rent a car often enough to justify earning car rental loyalty program points. Instead, I would bank my earnings to one of their partners. Generally, I have banked my points to IHG Rewards whenever possible during a bonus offer.
Below is a list of the current bonus Aeroplan miles promotions, which can be very valuable to some people to help top up your account in time for the devaluations with Aeroplan reward flight redemptions, effective December 15, 2015.
- Earn 1,500 bonus miles on airport rentals or 750 bonus miles on off-airport rentals of 3 days or more (between October 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015)
- Earn 7,000 bonus miles when you rent a vehicle for a minimum of 28 days (until December 31, 2015)
- Earn 9,000 bonus miles when you rent a vehicle for 2 or more months (until December 31, 2015)
- Earn 1,500 bonus miles on rentals of 3 days or more or 500 Bonus Miles on rentals of 1‑2 days (until December 31, 2015)
- Earn 5,000 bonus miles on the next monthly rental (until December 31, 2015)
Also, don’t forget that Aeroplan is offering a conversion bonus with Hertz (if you transfer between November 16, 2015 and December 21, 2015).