I have been noticing a trend with TD Aeroplan credit cards lately. They tend to have special offers on a specific link, rather than on a their main site for everyone to see. So you do need to dig around to find promotional offers.
I would also note that the GreatCanadianRebates website is offering a bonus $50 cash back for signing up for this promotion.
The latest offer (between November 2, 2015 and January 4, 2016, is for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card with the following highlights:
- $120 annual fee (first year fee waived if you apply before January 4, 2016)
- $50 for supplementary cardholders
- Earn 20,000 sign up bonus points (15,000 after your first purchase and another 5,000 for keeping your account open for 90 days)
- Earn 1.5 miles for every $1 spent on gas, grocery, drug store and AirCanada.com (excluding Air Canada vacation packages) purchases
- Earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 1 free checked bag when travelling on an Aeroplan reward flight
- Earn 1 annual Maple Leaf Lounge guest pass when travelling on an Aeroplan flight reward operated by Air Canada
The annual fee will initially be charged to your account and reversed after 2 monthly statements.
Normally, the sign up bonus is only 15,000 miles. It is always nice to see a bump on the sign up bonuses. We have seen a promotion for 25,000 sign up bonus miles, though with a spending requirement of $1,000 in the first 90 days. This current offer doesn’t have a spend requirement, the account needs to be in good standing for 90 days to qualify for the full 20,000 bonus miles.
If you missed out on some of the previous bonuses and first year fee waived offers, now is another chance to jump on board.
Note that if you already opened an account in the last 6 months, you will not qualify for this offer, i.e. the first year fee waived and sign up bonus.