CIBC really decided to up their game on this one. Last month, we saw the expiry of a 20,000 Aeroplan miles sign up bonus, first year fee waived. They ended that promotion by starting a newer and better one. Now, we are seeing 25,000 bonus Aeroplan miles and first year fee waived with the CIBC Aerogold Visa Card for Business.
If you are a business owner looking to stockpile your Aeroplan account, this is definitely the card to get.
- $180 annual fee (first year fee waived if you apply before December 31, 2015)
- $50 for supplementary cardholders (9 cards maximum)
- Earn 25,000 sign up bonus miles (if you apply before December 31, 2015)
- Earn 1.5 mile for every $1 spent on gas, travel and at participating CIBC Bonus Rewards (restaurants, hotels, inns and spas)
- Earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Receive 1 complimentary Lounge Pass to an Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge when travelling on an Aeroplan flight reward (on a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or Air Canada Express)
- Priority check-in and priority boarding
- Complimentary first checked bag on Air Canada flights
Last time, I already mentioned that this is a very generous promotion offered by CIBC. This is even better.
You will receive the first 20,000 Aeroplan miles after your first purchase. The additional 5,000 bonus miles will be award after your 6th billing statement.
The $180 annual fee does seem steep, so the first year fee waived definitely softens that blow. Doesn’t hurt to at least give this card a try for a year. This credit card definitely has a nice set of travel perks that come along with it to help justify the annual fee if you were to renew the card beyond the first year.
I’m glad to see CIBC staying strong. Hopefully this puts some pressure on other companies to step up their game.