I can’t believe it. I was started to get scared that more of the hotel credit cards will start getting discontinued, especially after the Capital One IHG credit cards, so I applied for the MBNA Best Western MasterCard, with the 20,000 sign up bonus, but of course, a week later, we now see a 40,000 points promotion. I plan to call MBNA to see if I can qualify for this promotion, but they only operate during the weekday. For now, here is a quick recap of the highlights of the credit card:
- No annual fee
- Earn 40,000 sign up bonus points after your first purchase
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Best Western properties
- Earn 1.5 point for every $1 on all purchases
- Awarded Gold Status upon first use of your credit card
- Awarded Diamond Status when you spend $10,000 in a calendar year
There does not seem to be any deadline on the increased sign up bonus. I you have been thinking about signing up, now is as good a time as any to go for it. It is slim pickings for co-branded hotel loyalty program credit cards, so I would jump on an offer like this without any hesitation.
We value 1 Best Western Reward point at 0.8 cents a piece, so if you can leverage your points well, you can get about $320 (0.8 x 40,000) in value. That’s a pretty sweet deal for a no annual fee credit card.