I last wrote a rundown about the Scene program on Halloween day. It is actually one of my favourite loyalty programs because of how much movies costs these days, these points have become even more valuable.
There is currently a promotion if you have the Scotiabank Scene Debit Card, which is also one of the rare debit cards that actually give rewards.
Until December 23, 2016, you can earn up to 500 bonus Scene points when you do the following:
- Earn 100 bonus points after making 2 ABM withdrawals using your SCENE debit card at a Scotiabank ABM at 7-Eleven
- Earn 400 bonus points after making a 3rd withdrawal
Keep in mind that you cannot do all the transactions in one day. There is a 1 transaction per day limit. Points will be awarded by February 28, 2017.
Normally, the debit card earns you the following:
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at a participating Cineplex Entertainment theatre
- Earn 1 point for every $5 spent on all other transactions
As a new customer, if you open a Scene bank account, you can earn up to 5,000 bonus points if you do the following:
- 1 pre-authorized payroll-deposit or,
- 2 pre-authorized debits (PADs) or,
- 2 pre-authorized credits (PACs) or,
- 1 PAD and 1 PAC