In 2013, we were able to earn Aeroplan points to reach Distinction status. However, the credit card sign up bonuses didn’t apply. Click on the links to read more about the Distinction program, as well as the three elite status dSilver, dBlack, dDiamond.
The three Aeroplan affiliated credit cards with American Express allow you to include the sign up bonus towards reaching Distinction status.
- $499 annual fee
- 50,000 sign up bonus of which 35,000 would count for Distinction Status
- 51,000 sign up bonus on referral, but you might want to call in to see how the Distinction bonus counts
- $120 annual fee (waived the first year)
- 20,000 sign up bonus all of which counts towards Distinction status
- 30,000 sign up bonus with referral, but you might want to call in to see how the Distinction bonus count
- $60 annual fee (waived the first year)
- 5,000 sign up bonus all of which counts towards Distinction status
The promotion that counts the sign up bonus towards Distinction status ends on April 1, 2014. If you were planning on getting any of these credit cards, now is as good as time as any to go for it.