Home and car insurance premiums are a consistent bill to pay, so it is always nice to earn some miles or points on this spending.
In most cases, you can use your credit card to pay for these premiums, so you are at least banking credit card rewards.
But in additions to those rewards, there are some insurance companies that provide additional rewards. Below is a list in alphabetical order of the insurance company:
- With Canadian Direct, you can earn 1 More Rewards point per dollar spent on the annual premium for a new car or home insurance policy. Earn 250 More Rewards points when you renew an existing car or home insurance policy.
- With Johnson Inc., you can earn 1 Air Mile reward mile for every $20 paid in premium, including taxes, on auto, home, pet and travel insurance.
- With Link Insurance, you can earn 1 Air Mile reward mile for every $20 spent in premium, including taxes, on auto and personal property insurance.
- With Optima Insurance Group, you can earn 1,250 Hudson’s Bay Rewards (HBC) points when you obtain an auto insurance quote. Earn 750 points for a home insurance quote. Earn 1,000 points when you provide your expiry date. Earn 5,000 points when you renew your combined home and auto insurance policy.
- With RSA Group, which is not available in Manitoba or Saskatchewan, you can earn 1 Air Mile reward mile for every $20 in premium (including taxes). They offer auto, business, home, marine, pet and travel insurance. Note that for small-business and pleasure-craft policies, you earn a maximum of 15 reward miles per month.
- With Steers Insurance, you can earn 1 Air Mile reward mile for every $20 spent in premium on auto and home insurance.
Did I miss any?