Please submit your questions in the comment section below and we will get as many of them answered as possible.
Below is a summary of the changes to Aeroplan that was going to come into effect in June 2020.
- Have the ability to transfer points to around 20 frequent flyer programs. What is missing is the transfer ratios and the names of the airline partners.
- Have the option of redeeming cash and miles reward flights.
- Have the ability to purchase airlines tickets directly with Aeroplan and earn miles on that booking.
- Have the ability to redeem reward flight with any airline, any seat, any time, anywhere. In other words, we should not be seeing blackout dates.
It appears that market fare redemptions will also continue to be available. But terms of a fixed reward economy reward flight, it will cost:
- 15,000 miles – North American short-haul
- 25,000 miles – North American long-haul
- 40,000 miles – Mexico and Caribbean
- 60,000 miles – Europe
- 75,000 miles – Asia
But if Air Canada, TD, CIBC and Visa plan to acquire Aimia, the above changes may be a moot point.
For now, please submit your questions below if you would like Jeremy Rabe to answer them!
Note that you have until Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 11:59pm PST to submit your questions.