Last year, when Halloween rolled around, we wrote about the Scene program. Same thing this year, since it does seem like the most fitting rewards program to write about on Halloween.
Coincidently, today is the last day to get the higher than usual signup bonus at 4,000 points with the Scotiabank Scene Visa Card. The 4,000 points can get you 4 free movies. Below are the highlights of the credit card:
- No annual fee
- Earn 4,000 sign up bonus points (if you apply before October 31, 2014)
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Cineplex Entertainment theatres (including movie ticket, popcorn, drinks, etc.)
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
The Scene program offers a variety of rewards. Generally, if you redeem 1,000 points for a $10 movie ticket, you are getting a 1% return when you earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases. So I would aim to redeem my points for rewards that give me more than 1% in value.
I believe the following items give you some great value:
- 2,500 points – Cineplex Entertainment Adult Night Out Package (2 tickets, 2 regular drinks and 1 regular popcorn)
- 1,500 points – Cineplex Entertainment Child Night Out Package (1 Child Admission ticket, 1 Kids Combo)
- 1,000 points – IMAX, UltraAVX, RealD-3D, etc. (anything that gives you well above $10 in value)
If you are a fan of going to the movies, both the Scene card and the Scotiabank Scene Visa Card should be in your wallet (especially since there is no annual fee).