It took almost a year for this reward redemption event to come around again. This weekend November 26 and 27, 2016, you can receive bonus cash back off when you redeem your Shoppers Optimum Points. So if you were planning a trip to Shoppers between now and Saturday, I would hold off until this Saturday to take advantage of this bonus offer.
The first 3 levels of their reward tiers remain in tact.
- 8,000 points = $10
- 22,000 points = $30
- 38,000 points = $60
You will only receive the bonus on the top 2 reward tiers, as follows:
- 50,000 = $105 (instead of the normal $85 – extra $20)
- 95,000 = $210 (instead of the normal $170 – extra $40)
Form of the Bonus
However, the first catch is that the extra cash back in given back in the form of points, as follows:
- $20 worth of points back on 50,000 points level redeemed is equivalent to 16,000 Shoppers Optimum Points
- $40 worth of points back on 95,000 points level redeemed is equivalent to 30,000 Shoppers Optimum Points
These points will be awarded by December 12, 2016. This is good and bad. The good is that you can use these points at the later date and re-take advantage of a promotion like this, to get even more than the $20 or $40 value. The bad is that you are not actually getting the cash back instantly.
Keep in mind that there are a host of exceptions to keep in mind:
- The cash back amount does not included taxes, so you will have to pay the taxes out of your own pocket.
- Points are not redeemable for cash or credit.
- Excluded items in the reward redemption are: prescription purchases, products with codeine, non-pointable items, tobacco products (where applicable), stamps, passport photos, lottery tickets, event tickets, transit tickets and passes, gift cards, prepaid phone cards, prepaid card products and Shoppers Home Health Care locations.
- Cannot be combined with any other Shoppers Optimum Points promotions or promotional card offers.
With all that being said, if you have that much to redeem for, no question you should go for it!