You probably already noticed by now that I post about the PointsBreak promotion from IHG Rewards a day after it is actually released. The reason I do not post about the preview list is to ensure that the list is finalized that officially available to everyone. Feel free to check out the other Bloggers on BoardingArea if you want to catch the preview list ahead of time.
These new offers are valid from January 25, 2016 to April 30, 2016. This continues to be my favourite hotel promotion. What I love most about the offer is the reduction in the number of points required for a reward night, which can go down from 50,000 to 5,000 points.
We value IHG points at 0.7 cents a piece. With this promotion, you can potentially get a room that normally costs $250 room for only 5,000 points, which gives you 5 cents per point in value.
As we are a Canadian centric blog, which I always focus on the hotels located in Canada that made the list. If you want to see the full list, visit the IHG site.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Saskatchewan (normally 20,000 points per night)
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Edmonton Arpt – Conference Ctr (normally 20,000 points per night)
- Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo (normally 30,000 points per night)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brampton (normally 15,000 points per night)
- Holiday Inn Sudbury (normally 15,000 points per night)
Keep in mind the following conditions
- You can only make 2 reservations for PointBreak per each hotel (i.e. only 2 stays but for as many nights as you want)
- Once the hotel is dropped off the PointsBreak list, you can no longer book it again, even if someone cancels their reservation, the room does not go back into the inventory (i.e. out of courtesy to others, do your best to have as much confirmation that you will actually stay in that particular hotel)