Canadian Tire Corporation recently announced more details about their new loyalty program called Triangle Rewards. Today, we have the privilege of interviewing Shawn Stewart, Vice President, Loyalty and Customer Insights to learn more about this new program!
1) Please tell us about yourself. What is your role with Canadian Tire?
I am the Vice President of Loyalty and Customer Insights for Canadian Tire.
2) So what is this new loyalty program, Triangle Rewards, about?
Triangle Rewards is one of Canada’s best, no fee loyalty programs designed to make life easier for Canadians. Triangle Rewards members can now collect Canadian Tire Money faster online and in-store at any participating retailer, including Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Gas+, Mark’s and Atmosphere or by signing up at triangle.com or downloading the Triangle app.
3) Why did you decide to change to this new program?
Triangle Rewards is an evolution of the very successful My Canadian Tire Money program, but goes much further. By letting members redeem at more places and delivering personalized offers and experiences, it will make everyday shopping easier and more rewarding. With the app and the Triangle MasterCard and Triangle World Elite MasterCard, the enhanced program gives you more choice about how and where you collect.
4) What kind of rewards can members receive?
Triangle Rewards allows members to collect and redeem Canadian Tire Money online or in-store on qualifying purchases at more than 1,300 locations and redeem it at more than 1,000 locations:
- Canadian Tire and canadiantire.ca
- Canadian Tire
- Sport Chek and sportchek.ca
- Sport Chek
- Mark’s and marks.com
- Participating Atmosphere locations and atmosphere.ca
- Participating Atmosphere locations
- Fuel purchases at Gas+
Triangle World Elite MasterCard holders also collect:
- 3% back in Canadian Tire Money on grocery store purchases (on first $12,000/yr., except Walmart/Costco)
- 5 cents back per litre on regular fuel and 7 cents per litre on premium fuel at any Gas + location
- 1% back everywhere else they shop
5) Will there be transfer partners where you can transfer these points to other loyalty programs? If not, is it in the works?
We are open to partnership ideas but we have no plans for anything specific at the moment.
6) What else can we look forward to in the short and medium term future?
Be sure to check out triangle.com for the latest news and updates.
7) What advice would you give shoppers and “Pointshoggers” out there?
Go out there, collect & redeem!
8) Any closing thoughts?
With Triangle, we are bringing Canadian Tire Corporation together for our customers to create one of the easiest and best reward programs in the country.