Are you like me whereby, when you are lining up to pay for something, you scope out what type of credit card the person in front of you is using to pay? I do that all the time. Of course I cringe when they do not have the loyalty card or pay with cash.
For today’s post, there are a few credit cards that I really believe are great to have in your wallet to use for every day purchases, but for one reason or another, I actually never saw someone use it to pay for something while in line.
Granted, within the frequent flyer community, I know people who have the card, but actually seeing a stranger use it to pay for gas, groceries, drug store, etc.? Na-da!!
Anyway, here’s the list of credit cards that I think are amazing to use for every day spending, but for one reason or another, I have never seen a stranger using them at the cashier:
- $75 annual fee
- Earn 25,000 Mileage Plan sign up bonus miles upon approval
- Earn 3 Mileage Plan miles for every $1 spent on Alaska Airlines purchases
- Earn 1 Mileage Plan mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 1 annual coach Companion Fare
- Receive $50 off a new Board Room membership initiation fee
- $120 annual fee
- $50 annual fee for a supplementary cardholder (first year fee waived)
- Earn 20,000 points when you spend $500 in the first 3 months of having this card
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels (between November 15, 2016 and November 15, 2017)
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all purchases
- Spend $30,000 a year (anniversary year of having the credit card) to receive an automatic upgrade to Starwood Gold Preferred Guest membership
- Spend $40,000 a year (anniversary year of having the credit card) to receive a Free Weekend Night Award
- $699 annual fee
- $175 fee for supplementary cardholders
- Earn 50,000 sign up Membership Rewards bonus points (or 60,000 when referred) (after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months)
- Earn 1.25 point for every $1 spent on all purchases
- Receive a $200 Annual Travel Credit
- Receive a complimentary and discounted companion tickets and upgrades
- Airport lounge access worldwide
- Access to elevated status with many hotel & car rental loyalty programs
What about you? Are there any amazing credit cards that you think are worthwhile to have, but never actually saw someone using it?