UPDATED- Link to the 50,000 sign up bonus appears to still be active.
As you already know, the Chase Canada website has taken off the link to sign up for the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa. But the website is advertising for only 30,000 sign up bonus points.
There has been a special link for the 50,000 sign up bonus points instead, but that seems to have discontinued. Furthermore, the old 30,000 link also discontinued, so I almost thought the credit card was finished until I saw this new link with the 30,000 sign up bonus offer.
Here is a quick reminder of the highlights of the credit card:
- $120 annual fee (waived the first year)
- No charge for additional cardholders
- Earn 30,000 points after your first purchase
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Marriott hotels
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets, car rental agencies and restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-4 location after account approval
- Earn 15 nights credit every year
- Receive 1 anniversary bonus free night stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year
- No foreign transaction fees
There is an ongoing fear that this credit card will eventually discontinue, but this new link has a new layout displaying the credit card. So that shows me that they did some editing to the webpage, which means that Chase Canada is showing some signs of life.
With the Sears credit cards discontinuing later this year, Chase Canada will only be left with two credit cards in their portfolio: Chase Amazon.ca Rewards Visa Card and the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa.
I’m really hoping that Chase Canada comes out with a new product soon. The existing credit cards that they have give a lot of value, especially because they waive their first year annual fee.