National Bank is having a great promotion with its World MasterCard. The current offer waives the first year annual fee and increases its sign up bonus to 20,000 points. Below are the highlights of the credit card:
- $125 annual fee (first year fee waived if you apply before July 12, 2015)
- $35 annual fee for supplemental cardholders starting on July 1, 2015 (no fee before that)
- Earn 1.5 point for every $1 for purchases between 0 to $20,000 annually
- Earn 2 points for every $1 for purchases between $20,001 to $30,000 annually
- Earn 1.5 point for every $1 for purchases of $30,001 or more annually
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Access to concierge service
- Access to National Bank World MasterCard to Montréal-Trudeau Airport’s National Bank World MasterCard Lounge (with a guest)
The reward redemption structure is as follows:
- 11,000 points = $100
- 50,000 points = $500
- 70,000 points = $700
- 100,000 points = $1,000
When you exchange more than 50,000 points in the same transaction, each additional block of 10,000 points entitles you to $100 travel discount.
There is only one National Bank World MasterCard lounge, which is only located at the Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL) next to gate 53 in the international departure terminal.
If you have been thinking about this credit card I would say now is a great time to sign up for it. I would especially sign up for it if I was a National Bank client and lives in Montreal. You can decide after one year if you want to keep this credit card, but at least you’ll have a year to try it out.