The credit card promotions scene has been relatively quiet so far in 2015. However, every now and then we see something that is worth a look. The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card is currently offering two promotions:
- Earn a $400 to use at a Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection property (if you apply before
May 8, 2015)
- Earn a 2-for-1 short-haul or long-haul flight Aeroplan reward offer (if you apply before
May 8, 2015)
The rest of the highlights of the credit card are as follows:
- $399 annual fee
- $99 annual fee for supplemental cardholders
- Earn 25,000 Aeroplan points after your first purchase
- Earn 1.5 Aeroplan point for every $1 spent on gas, grocery, drug store, Air Canada purchases (excluding Air Canada Vacation packages)
- Earn 1.25 Aeroplan point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 4 Maple Leaf Lounge one-time guest passes per year (when travelling on an Aeroplan reward flight operated by Air Canada)
- Earn 1 free checked bag on Air Canada flights (primary cardholder only)
- Earn 1 annual 50% discount on companion tickets for eligible business class fares on Air Canada flights
To take full advantage of the $400 credit, you will need to make your reservation by March 31, 2015 and redeemed by September 30, 2015. Therefore, that does not leave much time to apply for this credit card, get approved and use it pretty much immediately to take full advantage of the offer. If this is an incentive that you feel that you can take advantage of, then I would apply immediately. The $400 credit is redeemable only at properties that are part of the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection and must be booked through the Visa Infinite Privilege Concierge. You must mention the credit prior to making the booking as well.
The 2-for-1 short-haul or long haul flight round-trip Aeroplan reward offer is only available to Ppimary cardholders. The offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2015, and booked through the Aeroplan Contact Centre at 1-800-361-5373. Short-haul flights are 15,000 Aeroplan points and long-haul flights are 25,000 Aeroplan points.
The $399 annual fee may seem high, but with the two above mentioned promotions, the annual fee will be completely offset anyway.
The 25,000 sign up bonus is low, but with the two promotions going on, I think it is fine. You can already use those 25,000 points for your 2-for-1 reward flight anyway.
I definitely give 2 thumbs up to TD for these two amazing promotions.