VIA Rail is offering its regular Tuesday sales, but this time, it will be a 3-day sale is instead only 24 hours. You will need to reserve your tickets by
December 4 and travel between December 3, 2014 and January 6, 2015.
Only the routes listed on the website qualify for the discount. I have listed the ones that I consider as amazing Economy fare sales (i.e. I may actually considering purposely making a trip because the fares are so good) include:
- Montréal – Québec City $25
- Montréal – Ottawa $33
- Toronto – Montréal $35
- Ottawa – Toronto $35
- Kingston – Montréal $25
- London – Windsor – $29
- Toronto – Edmonton – $254
- Toronto – Vancouver – $347
The other Economy class and Business class fare discounts are not as impressive, so I would only take advantage of those prices if you happen to need to make a trip anyway.
Keep me mind that these types of tickets are limited, so they booked up very quickly. Furthermore, the has blackout dates, just in case you were searching for a specific time and day.
Other factors to consider:
- Economy class tickets -Tickets are exchangeable for a service charge of 50% (minimum $20) as per fare category conditions. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Business class tickets -Tickets are exchangeable for a service charge of 25% (minimum $20) as per fare category conditions. Tickets are refundable for a service charge of 25% (minimum $20) as per fare category conditions.