The Rogers Bank Platinum MasterCard has been one of the better credit cards in the Canadian credit card market. They recently added some new valuable reward redemption options.
PER THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW- I would say that this card only makes sense if you are an existing Rogers, Fido or Chatr client to take full advantage of all its benefits, which I am. That’s why I personally have this card.
First off, let’s recap the highlights of the credit card:
- $29 annual fee (waived the first year or waived so long as you have pre-authorized Rogers payments set up)
- Earn $25 cash back sign up bonus
- Earn 4% cash back on on foreign exchange purchases
- Earn 1.75% cash back on all purchases
Note that there is a minimum of $20 redemption before you can cash out. The alternative is to contact Rogers Bank once per year by December to receive a statement credit in the January bill.
- Redeem cash back rewards against a Rogers bill, as well as purchases made in a Rogers retail location or online.
- Apply cash back rewards towards monthly Fido bill, as well as purchases made in a Fido store or online.
- Redeem cassh back rewards towards Chatr pre-paid services.
The Shopping Channel
- Redeemed cash back towards any purchase made at The Shopping Channel.
- Redeem cash back rewards for a Texture online magazine subscription (over 150 magazines) to choose from.
Toronto Blue Jays
- Redeem for single game tickets, Flex Packs, Seasons Tickets, concessions from Rogers Centre, as well as merchandise from the Jays Shop retail locations and online.
Thoughts on the Rewards
Basically, the more reward options, the more valuable the rewards become. I personally have this credit card and very much enjoy having the option to use it whenever it makes sense. I have set up my credit card for pre-authorized Rogers payments and I primarily use this credit card on foreign purchases.