There has been a slight promotion to the American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card. Below are the highlights of the credit card.
- $120 annual fee (first year fee waived)
- 2 free supplementary cardholders ($50 thereafter)
- Earn 30,000 sign up bonus points (with referral) or 25,000 sign up bonus points (without referral if you apply before
July 14, 2014) after spending $500 in the first three months
- Earn 1 points for every $1 spent on all purchases for the first $10,000 per calendar year
- Earn 1.25 points for every $1 spent on all purchases above $10,000 per calendar year
The 25,000 sign up promotion (previously 20,000) expires on
July 14, 2014. The 30,000 sign up bonus has been ongoing. Since there is no termination date, it can be terminated at any moment. You will also earn 10,000 bonus points for every referral that you make, so if you know someone who wants the credit card, be sure to take advantage of this promotion while it is still around. There are rumours about discontinuing the referral program.