BMO Air Miles World MasterCard is offering a 1,000 Air Mile points sign up bonus if you apply before May 31, 2014. The highlights of the card is as follows:
- $99 annual fee
- Earn 1,000 bonus points after your first purchase
- Earn 2x points at National Car Rental & Alamo Rent A Car
- Earn 1.25x the points at Shell locations in Canada
- Earn 1 point for every $15 spent everywhere else
- Earn 25% reward flight discount
Right off the bat, BMO had a 2,000 sign up bonus that expired back on October 31, 2013, so this is only half the deal. The 1,000 point sign up bonus barely covers the $99 annual fee. Therefore, you’re not getting much value out of this card because the sign up bonus barely covers the $99 annual fee. You are better off with the AMEX Air Miles cards.
The reason I brought up this card is because it seems to me that BMO has been reluctant to waive its first year annual fee. Unless you are in a rush for Air Miles, I would stay away from the BMO Air Miles World MasterCard until a better promotion come around.