There is currently a 60,000 sign up bonus offer with the MBNA Best Western MasterCard. You may have received an email looking like this:
Below are the highlights of the credit card:
- No annual fee
- Earn 60,000 sign up bonus points (if you apply before
July 10, 2016)
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Best Western properties
- Earn 1.5 point for every $1 on all purchases
- Awarded Gold status upon first use of your credit card
- Awarded Diamond status when you spend $10,000 in a calendar year
The no annual fee makes this credit card sign up a no brainer. The only catch is the $2,000 spending (in the first 90 days of having this credit card) requirement to fully qualify for the full sign up bonus. The full sign up bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn the first 20,000 bonus points after your first purchase
- Earn the next 20,000 bonus points once you reach more than $1,000 spending
- Earn the final 20,000 bonus points after spending over $2,000
I value 1 Best Western Reward point at 0.8 cents a piece, so 60,000 is worth at least $480 if you can leverage your points well. That’s an amazing deal for a no annual fee credit card. Therefore, I strongly believe that the $2,000 spending requirement is a very fair.
I would also like to note that I really like how this credit card rewards big spenders. It is pretty nice to see an added bonus for spending $10,000 in a calendar year. Even though Diamond status may not seem like much of a reward, big spending is still recognized. That is exactly the type of incentive that I would like to see more from credit card companies. If more credit card companies catch on to this concept, I am sure that we will see the competition heat up.
For now, this is a highly competitive offer, so thumbs up to MBNA!!