MBNA is currently offering two promotions on the Sony Card Platinum Plus MasterCard: 10,000 sign up bonus Sony points and a free wireless speaker. Here are the highlights of the credit card:
- No annual fee
- Earn 10,000 Sony points when you spend $1,000 in eligible purchases before
July 31, 2014
- Receive a wireless speaker
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases of Sony products (at sony.ca or the Sony store)
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- You can redeem your Sony points toward any Sony product online at sony.ca
We previously wrote (which you can read more about to get more analysis on this credit card) about the 10,000 sign up bonus points promotion that was set to expire on June 30, 2014, which seems to have been extended to July 31, 2014 instead, which is great! The no annual fee makes this credit card an easy choice if you are a fan of Sony program.
The wireless speaker is supposedly retailing for $99.99. The 10,000 points comes out to another $100, which gives this credit card a lot of value in terms of sign up bonuses. If you shop at Sony, this is a no-brainer card to have in your wallet. If you do not have a Sony credit card and are about the make a few Sony purchases, this is as great a time as any to apply.
The main issue I have with Sony points is that the points can only be used on Sony products, which makes the rewards very limited. As usual, do the calculations to see what works for you, but a no annual fee credit card with several great bonuses is still a great deal.