WestJet is offering a Status Match promotion that expires on January 31, 2015.
To qualify, you need to email (firstname.lastname@example.org): (1) your first and last name; (2) WestJet ID; and (3) a scanned copy of your membership card of another Canadian airline’s frequent flyer program showing your name and 2014 or 2015 top tier status. You also have the option of sending a copy of a recent boarding pass from travel taken on the same airline showing your status. Keep in mind that screenshots showing account information or submissions of any other kind will not be accepted.
This is an interesting move by WestJet. The elite statuses of WestJet are quite valuable.
There are really only two Canadian airlines that offer any sort of elite status. So it is quite obvious that WestJet is really targeting Air Canada Attitude customers. There is also Aurora Rewards elite status. Porter Airlines has a rewards program, but no elite statuses. All the other airlines in Canada do not even have a loyalty program.
Once you qualify for the status match, you will be award Gold Status with WestJet Rewards on a promotional basis and will expire on February 29, 2016.
Gold is the highest WestJet Rewards status and it requires you to spend over $6,000 per calendar on WestJet to qualify. Some of the valuable Gold perks include:
- Earn 5% back on all WestJet flight
- Earn 10 free airport lounge vouchers
- Earn 4 advance seat selection vouchers
- Earn 2 free checked bags
- Earn 1 companion flight on any WestJet flight
- Earn 1 additional companion flight anywhere we fly at $10,000 and each $5,000 in flight spend beyond
- Earn 1 free first and second checked bag
- Advance boarding
- No fee to change to an earlier/later flight on same day of travel
- Priority security screening (at select airports)
If you can take advantage of this promotion, I would jump on it as soon as possible. Great promotion by WestJet Rewards!