I wrote a post earlier today about the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa possibly discontinued. According to my contacts at Marriott International Canada, effective September 5th, 2017, no new customer applications are being accepted into the credit card program, but existing card members will continue to be serviced. Note that this only applies to applications in Canada and does not impact the US program.
If you applied before September 5, 2017 and your application is still pending, your application will still be considered for approval. If you have any questions about your existing account you can call the customer service numbers below
- Marriott Rewards Visa – (English) – Phone: 1-866-705-6755 – Mon-Sat: 8 a.m. – 12 a.m. ET and Sun: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. ET
- Marriott Rewards Visa – (French) – Phone: 1-866-705-6777 – Mon-Sat: 8 a.m. – 12 a.m. ET and Sun: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. ET
Below were the highlights of the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa:
- $120 annual fee (first year fee waived)
- No annual fee for supplementary cardholders
- Earn 50,000 sign up bonus points after your first purchase the first 3 months)
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at participating Marriott Rewards and SPG hotels
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets, car rental agencies and restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Receive 15 nights credit towards Elite qualifying status every year
- Receive 1 anniversary bonus free night stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year (after the first year)
- No foreign transaction fees
This was an amazing credit card. I am still in denial that it has been discontinued. For the time being, instead of being sad about this, I am going to take a positive approach and hope for the best. I suspect that Marriott may have found another suitable partner (crossing my fingers it is American Express)!
How do you feel about this turn of events?