The AC Hotels by Marriott has debuted the first of its kind in, which is only fitting seeing as AC Hotels have a European design and style. That being said, I hope to see more AC Hotels across the country as well!
For now, let’s celebrate the launch of this 35-story luxury hotel located at the heart of downtown Montreal on Boulevard René-Lévesque. It is walking distance the core attractions like the Quartier des Spectacles (entertainment district), the Palais des congrès de Montréal (Montreal’s convention centre) and two city blocks from Old Montreal.
Some of the highlights to watch out for include:
- 169 guestrooms with hardwood floors, large walk-in showers, floor to ceiling windows, and 50-inch HDTV featuring HBO
- AC Kitchen suspended between the ground lobby and mezzanine level
- La Palma restaurant on the lobby level which offers Mediterranean-inspired cuisine by Chef David Capel
- AC Lounge offer tapas-style appetizers, expertly crafted cocktails, and variety of wines and spirits
- Meeting Space (5,900 square feet) in a room with 19-foot high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows that can accommodate up to 150 guests
- AC Store which is a contemporary version of a convenience store which includes European snacks
- Swimming Pool located on the 12th floor with a panoramic view of Old Montreal
Expect to see prices for start at $199 per night for a double room. It is a Category 7 hotel or 35,000 points per night, which I think is right on par to the standard.