UPDATE- Looks like it is only the increased sign up bonus from 15,000 to 25,000 that is available on the public site, not the first year fee waived.
Initially, the first year fee waived promotion for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card was only available through the Great Canadian Rebates website. But it now appears that the promotion is available to the public.
Here is a quick recap of the highlights of the credit card:
- $120 annual fee
(first year fee waived if you apply before May 8, 2015)
- $50 for supplementary cardholders
- Earn 25,000 sign up bonus points (15,000 after your first purchase and another 10,000 after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days when you apply before May 8, 2015)
- Earn 1.5 point for every $1 spent on gas, grocery, drug store and AirCanada.com (excluding Air Canada vacation packages) purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 1 free checked bag when travelling on an Aeroplan reward flight
- Earn 1 annual Maple Leaf Lounge guest pass when travelling on an Aeroplan flight reward operated by Air Canada
This is definitely an amazing promotion and a no-brainer. I would not even hesitate to sign up for this credit card.
The only thing to keep in mind are the eligibility requirements, namely: $60,000 annual gross personal income or $100,000 annual gross household income.
Added conclusion: Unfortunately if you want the fee to be waived, you will still need to sign up for this credit card through the Great Canadian Rebates webpage.