Desjardins offers a very hidden credit card that you cannot easily apply for, but there are some information from the Desjardins website that you can gain access to.
Below are the highlights of the Desjardins Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege:
- $395 annual fee (or $295 if you’re a Desjardins member)
- Minimum income (or Family income): $200,000
- Earn 2% BONUSDOLLARs for all purchases
- Receive a 20% bonus rewards annually
- Receive 12 complimentary Desjardins Odyssey Lounge every year
- Receive 6 Priority Pass lounge passes every year
The annual fee is obviously quite steep, along with the minimum income requirement to qualify for this credit card.
The main benefit is the 20% bonus annually, which means if you keep this credit card year after year, you will receive 2.4% return on all purchases, which is quite competitive. What you need to calculate is whether the extra 0.4% is worth it to cover the annual fee.
Granted you do receive a fair amount of lounge passes, which would be most useful if you connect through the Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL), as they are the only airport with a Desjardins Odyssey Lounge.
Personally, I would only consider this credit card if I was a Desjardins member, bringing the annual down to $295, which is more bearable if you can take full advantage of all its benefits.