One of Pointshogger’s readers pointed out today that the “Apply Now” button for the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card on the Chase Canada website has disappeared. To make matters worse, I tried to give Chase Canada a call, but it seems like their phone lines have been cut. That being said, the link that provides the 50,000 sign up bonus is still active. I’m starting to worry a lot about Chase Canada. They seem to be phasing out of the country, with credit card discontinuations and customer service numbers not working.
I really hope that Chase Canada finds a way to survive. The Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card has a lot of benefits that I would hate to see disappear, such as:
- $120 annual fee (waived the first year)
- No charge for additional cardholders
- Earn 50,000 points after your first purchase
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Marriott hotels
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets, car rental agencies and restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-4 location after account approval
- Earn 15 nights credit every year
- Receive 1 anniversary bonus free night stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year
- No foreign transaction fees
The perks and benefits that come with this credit card outweighs the $120 annual fee, that is even waived the first year.
Chase Canada, if you can hear me, please stick around!!