Below are the highlights of the RBC British Airways Visa Infinite Card:
- $165 annual fee
- $75 fee for supplemental cardholders
- Earn 50,000 sign up bonus Avios (no deadline, but can change at any time)
- Earn 2 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways and British Airway Holidays purchases
- Earn 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 10% off British Airways flights departing from Canada
- Receive a Companion Award Ticket (eVoucher) for a reward flight operated by British Airways after spending $30,000 during a calendar year
The sign up bonus requirements are as follows:
- Receive 15,000 Avios upon approval
- Receive 25,000 bonus Avios after spending $5,000 in the first two months
- Receive 10,000 bonus Avios for renewing after the first year
The downside to the new bonus structure is that you need to pay the annual fee twice to get the full 50,000. However, you do have a lower spending bonus. Oddly enough, this time around, there is no end date on the welcome bonus. Canadian Kilometers estimated a November 30 end date.
Personally, I hope to see this new sign up bonus structure remain the new norm, rather than temporary, especially because I think that it is a win/win scenario in the sense that they will collect 2 years worth of annual fee to cover the higher sign up bonus anyway. What I do hope to see is that if this becomes the new base offer, we will have even better sign up bonus promotions in the future.
Either way, I am just glad to see RBC mixing things up and giving new ideas a try!